Director of Marketing
Foodseum is Chicago’s first nonprofit food museum. That’s right, a physical space completely dedicated to helping anyone discover their passion for food. Through interactive exhibits, educational seminars, unique content, events and programming, Foodseum provides a window into the history, people, farm-to-fork transformations, preparations, international flavors and much more behind the food we all enjoy.
Foodseum is searching for an outgoing and energetic self-starter with a passion for food, culture and education. The Director of Marketing will oversee the Blog Manager and Social Media Team, and will be responsible for the development and execution of Foodseum's marketing and content strategy over social media, blog, and newsletter. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clearly defining the long-term and short-term strategy, goals and objectives to the marketing team
- Reviewing the monthly content calendar prepared by the marketing team, provide feedback, coaching and opportunities to further accomplish the defined strategy.
- Motivate and encourage the marketing volunteers
- Identify areas for improvement and opportunities for growth based on the defined strategy
- Work with the Executive Director to obtain any additional resources or volunteers to assist with accomplishing the defined strategy
- Share opportunities for coverage of real-time events with marketing team
- Providing learning opportunities, encouragement, and leadership to marketing team
- Communicate with the Executive Director and Events Coordinator to include updates in the overall strategy with the marketing team
- Host regularly occurring virtual/in-person meetings to coordinate the team
The Director of Marketing will be an integral part of the Foodseum team, and will be a key component to the growth of Chicago's first nonprofit food museum. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an innovative high-profile, high-growth nonprofit looking to make a significant impact on Chicago's future.
- Based in Chicago
- Ability to manage and edit content quickly and professionally
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience managing others
- Experience working with various social media outlets and tools
- Open mind and desire to learn and work closely with a multi-faceted team
- Enjoyment in keeping up with the latest trends in the food industry and culinary arena
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- Solid understanding of Google Docs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress, and MailChimp; basic understanding of Snapchat, YouTube, and Pinterest
This position is a 10 hr / week commitment available immediately. This position is unpaid.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kyle Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org